Friday, December 19, 2008

A Lost Cause

Twisted lies that are never spoken - only implied, give me a sense of solitude amongst the deadliest of sins.
I feel an emptiness, that is as deep and dark as the oceans depth, and as far-reaching as the mysteries of the universe.

Your grip reaches my soul and pulls me close to you. It does not let go. It holds on for dear life, even when your words cast me away.
Your eyes permeate my own, and burn hated passion into my corneas.

I can not turn from them. Resistance, even in compliance, only renders a stronger clasp. It is a love not unlike a child’s set of Chinese handcuffs:
The more attempts to escape, the more imprisoning it becomes.

Logic has no place within the four walls of this room. It has escaped me. I search for a door, a window, an air vent, anything. But there is no way out. I am trapped here; while the cries of family and friends become more faint as each day passes. They are loosing hope that they will ever rescue me.

“A lost cause”… become the last words I hear.



- Christy Dunbar

No comments:

Post a Comment