Tuesday, July 26, 2011
A Poets Mind
So many words, yet none are pink. No flowers, rainbows, or smiles from me. "Why" they say," do you write such things?" The answer is simple, to their surprise. I write to release the darker side. The smell is so awful, it keeps me awake. So I disguise them as words and trap them in ink. They rot in my soul, and the smell is quite fowl. So I get rid of them, and this is how. They are so unaware when I choose my words, that by the time they are scared, they've already been heard. These things that keep me up at night. These things that are so grim - I have no way to fight them, so I carefully use my pen. You see, my friend, I will confess, these things do take control. So the only way to lose them is to free them from my soul. I know you think my words are dark. And yes they are, indeed. So I trap them in a clever rhyme, so at last, I know I'm free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment